Professional Code of Ethics ©
The Academy recognizes the responsibility of political science professionals to foster high ethical standards in our profession. The Institute and Board does hereby adopt the following CODE OF ETHICS and PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS to provide direction in attaining high principles of truth, justice, zeal and good faith dealings.
1. To abide by the laws of the United States of America* or State or Provincial Regulator or * your Sovereign Country. To maintain high standards of conduct when seeking employment, performing services, and negotiating transactions so as to create a high ethical standard to the public.
2. To illustrate zeal and professionalism with all of our dealings with media, clients and customers.
3. To continue building the knowledge base of our professional community through study, collaboration, and continuing education.
4. To work with universities and academic groups in improving political science standards, and the practical education of individuals.
5. To augment confidence and the trust of the public and our employers using diligence, honesty, cooperation, and confidentiality.
6. To provide occasional pro-bono assistance to the disadvantaged persons who may seek insight and advise in the relevant fields.
7. To observe the designation trademarks, service marks, intellectual property rights of the Academy and Institute.
8. To protect and respect the intellectual property of the Academy and to report any misuse of property.
9. To further the harmony and communication between the nations of the world.
10. To reduce waste, improve efficiency, and protect the environment through the effective use of natural resources. ©